NEXT OLG MEETING Friday, September 21st, 2018 at 11:00 AM. All interested in learning about the Atkinson Outdoor Learning Gardens welcome.
ALL SCHOOL GARDEN WELCOME Thursday, September 13 (Grades 3-5) and Thursday, September 20 (Grades K-2). Join your child in the garden as they help take care of their garden classrooms.
Garden Work Days & Celebrations
(most) 4th Friday of the Month, all day
Come for an hour or two or spend the whole day out in the gardens for these special events. The work days happen once a season and they are an opportunity for classes to sign up for a 30 minute time block to work in the gardens. The celebrations all have themes and follow a similar format; classes sign up for a 30 minute time block. Below you will find a list of the upcoming Work and Celebration Days for the 2018-19 school year.
- October 26: Fall Garden Work Day (Grades 2-3)
- January 25: Third Grade Pizza Making
- February 15: Fifth Grade Garden Salad Roll Making & 6:30 p.m. Lunar New Year Family Night
- February 22: Winter Garden Work Day (Grades 4-5)
- March 22: Fourth Grade Causa Cooking Project
- April 5 (Grades 3-5) & 12 (Grades K-2): Earth Day Celebration
- May 3: Spring Garden Work Day (Grades K-1)
- May 30 (Grades K-2) & 31 (Grades 3-5): Garden Celebration Days