Using Natural Materials
Leaves, petals, twigs, rocks, fruits, seeds and other natural materials may be used to create a variety of projects. When creating temporary works, don’t forget to take photographs.
- Harvest lavender to make wands or soap.
- Make pictures with colorful fall leaves.
- Create sculptures with plant parts.
- Learn about artist Andy Goldsworthy, and then make temporary site work using leaves, sticks and other natural items.
- Study rich cultural traditions such as gourd art, Indian basketry, Noche de Rabanos (Radish Night), Mukimono (Japanese Garnishes).