Date: Tuesday, January 9, 2017
Time: 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Place: Atkinson Library
(Free childcare provided for school-age children in cafeteria)
All parents, staff, and community members of Atkinson are invited!
Free childcare for school-age (5-11) children is provided in the cafeteria. Please note that voting is done by members; see membership form here.
- Light Refreshments and Discussion about family activities in the community and resources to help access them
- Approval of October meeting minutes
- Principal’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Programs Chair Report
- Update on PTA Scholarship Applications for Winter Term
- Volunteer Coordinator Report
- Winter Social & Sing-Along Event 12/8/17
- Auction Committee Report
- New Funding Proposal for 4th/5th Grade After School Activity
- Special Guest Presentation by Susie Silva-Strommer, Portland Council PTA Vice President
- Upcoming Opportunity for PTA Members to meet PPS Superintendent
- Topic Survey for Oregon PTA Convention
- News and Info about the new Franklin High School
I missed the last meeting. What was discussed?
Minutes from past meetings can be found here.
Can I get on the agenda?
Requests for time on the general PTA membership meeting agenda may be made up to 7 days in advance; an item will be added if there is time available and the topic is relevant for a general membership meeting. Requests must be in writing and can be dropped off in the PTA box (located on the wall in the school office) or by emailing the request to the PTA President.
Requests for time on a PTA board meeting agenda can be submitted up to 2 days in advance by dropping a note in the PTA box or by emailing the request to the PTA President. The board meets monthly, on the Monday before the general meeting.
I have an idea I’d like the PTA to support. What is the process?
If you have a proposal that requires funding, please see the Funding Proposal form on the Forms page or pick one up in the office. The simple instructions and process are at the top of the form.